Do we perhaps as children are reared, put too many demands on our children? I tend to look at mama birds pushing their babies out of the nest when they naturally know they can fly. I know there are some mothers who stay in demanding mode throughout the different stages of their children’s lives. Would this be a form of controlling the actions of their children through their lack of ability to trust that they have taught their children enough of the tools it takes to venture out into the real world to secure their place in life?
Yikes, USAs birthday has come and gone and headed toward another celebration since my last post. From right before the federal holiday known as Thanksgiving all the way through the federal holiday, New Years, a lot has happened. Some good and some not so good, but a whole bunch of self-discipline was applied to gather the stamina to carry me through this period.
What is fun? Does it cost a lot to have fun? What do I need by way of buying for this fun to happen? Is fun ever free?
Fun is possibly either digging for worms or buying some and casting that line out to perhaps see that bobbing thing go under. Fun can be a trip to the bowling alley and throwing a ball down the aisle in hopes to make as many stand-up things fall down. Fun can be a trip to a state park within your state to look at the lay of the land or different species of flying, walking or crawling things.
Fun costs. To what degree of cost is dependent on the partaker of the fun.
Daddy’s great grandparents of Michael Eagan Van Osdell and Valeria AVERY Jones first cousins are:
1. Marie Van Osdell’s children – 1a. Emma Rebecca Iler; 2a. William E Iler
2. Emma Rebecca Van OSDELL Vandergrift childless.
3. James Avery’s children?
4. Ruth Holliman’s children?
5. Robert L Holliman’s children? marriage?
6. Jesse Holliman’s children?
7. Elizabeth Holliman children?
8. Blake Jr’s children – 1a. Sophronia E Holliman; 2a. Richard Holliman; 3a. Nancy Holliman; 4a. Amanda Holliman
Daddy’s great grandparents Charles Robert Delatte and Mary Carmelite Lopez first cousins would be:
1. Genevieve Maria children? marriage?
2. Remigio children – 1a. Amelina Delatte; 2a. Remigio Delatte Jr; 3a. Leocadie Delatte; 4a. Alcide Delatte; 5a. Joseph Siderio Delatte; 6a. Eugenia Marie Delatte; 7a. Mary Valentine Delatte
3. Charles children? marriage?
4. Jacinthe Bon children – 1a. Edward Parmely Delatte
5. Victoria children? marriage?
6. Alcide children – 1a. Ramie Delatte; 2a. John Alfred Delatte; 3a. Victoria Marthe Delatte; 4a. Mary Delatte
7. any suggestions on the Lopez’s? This would be her father, Joseph Angelo Lopez’s father, Felix’s other children’s children?
Marie Carmelite Lopez’s first cousin.
8. Leocadie children? marriage?
9. Anna children? marriage?
10. Louise Onaya children – 1b. Leocadie Rodriguez
11. Aloye Marie Ambrosia children? marriage?
12. Joseph Andrew children – 2b. Joseph Samuel Rodriguez
13. Theresa Marguerite children – 3b. Julia Chidester; 4b. C Charlotte Chidester; 5b. William Adolphus Chidester; 6b. Benjamin Samuel Chidester; 7b. Mary Chidester; 8b. Frank S Chidester; 9b. Olivia Chidester; 10b. Lucy Chidester
14. Andrea Lauriantina children? marriage?
The further back one goes to get the first cousins to a grandparent; great or great great, the more one needs to pull out the concentration of staying on point with the mind. One slip of the thought or finger and all could go wrong.
Daddy’s grandfather, Henry Berry Thompson’s first cousins:
1. Priscilla Maria children – 1a. Isaac Denham
2. Thomas Surall children – 1a. Henry Thompson; 2a. William Duncan Thompson; 3a. Robert Thompson; 4a. Peninah Elizabeth Thompson; 5a. Thomas Jefferson Thompson; 6a. George W Thompson; 7a. Daniel Albert Thompson; 8a. Edmund Henshaw Thompson
3. Mary Ann children – 1a. Elizabeth J Ellzey; 2a. Martha Ann Ellzey; 3a. Nancy A Ellzey; 4a. Rufus A Ellzey; 5a. Lafayette T Ellzey; 6a. William Judson Ellzey; 7a. James Newton Ellzey; 8a. Mary Theodosia Ellzey; 9a. Henry B Ellzey
4. male Thompson who I don’t have a name but pretty sure that he existed between 1820-24, but nothing more even children.
5. Nancy Jane children – 1a. Ervin Leon Bailey; 2a. Edward T Bailey; 3a. Thomas Tilford Bailey; 4a. Sophronia J Bailey; 5a. Martha H Bailey; 6a. Lott H Bailey; 7a. Marshall Marsalis Bailey
6. Zilphia Margaret children marriage death?
7. Martha A children – 1a. Rosa A Denham
8. James Marshall children – 1a. Mary M Thompson
Daddy’s grandmother, Nannie Elizabeth Wilson’s first cousins:
1. Mary Jane’s children – 1a. Nathan Columbus Smith; 2s. William Austin Smith; 3a. George Albert Smith; 4a. Pinkney Wilson Smith; 5a. Mary M E Smith; 6a. John James Preuett; 7a. Frances E Preuett; 8a. Martha Sirena Preuett; 9a. Emory Russell Preuett; 10a. David Monroe Preuett; 11a. Margaret A Preuett
2. Margaret’s children – 1a. Henry James Hartley; 2a. John Dudley Hartley; 3a. Charles Adams Hartley; 4a. Louisa Alice Hartley; 5a. Shira Knar Hartley; 6a. Levisa Miranda Hartley; 7a. Richard Austin Hartley; 8a. Mary Hartley; 9a. George Love Hartley; 10a. Elias Leon Hartley; 11a. Margaret Louisa Hartley; 12a. Nannie E Hartley
3. Emily Ann’s children – 1a. Margaret Calpernia Hartley; 2a. John Almina Hartley
4. John A’s children?
5. Henry A’s children?
6. Hardin Dudley’s children?
7. Louisa E’s children – 1a. Josiah Zachariah Starnes; 2a. Ruth Elizabeth Starnes; 3a. Moses James Starnes; 4a. Minisa Adelia Starnes; 5a. Margaret A Starnes; 6a. Mellie Corinne Starnes; 7a. Erastus Wheeler Starnes; 8a. Mary Virginia Starnes; 9a. Hollie Kendrick Starnes; 10a. Emmie Louise Starnes; 11a. Arabelle Starnes
Daddy’s maternal grandparents’ first cousins are:
1. James children – 1b. William Van Osdell; 2b. Virginia Van Osdell; 3b. Wade Van Osdell
2. Andrew’s children? marriage?
3. Mary Rebecca’s childless?
4. Enoch Jr children – 1b. Enoch Van Osdell III; 2b. Thomas Edward Van Osdell
5. Herman’s children? marriage?
6. Thomas Jefferson’s children – 1b. Jennie F Van Osdell; 2b. Tommy Van Osdell; 3b. Rebecca Lavinia Van Osdell; 4b. Grace Palmer Van Osdell; 5b. Ethel S Van Osdell
7. Francis Elizabeth children? marriage?
8. Preston children? marriage?
9. Isidore Balthasard Francois’ children – 1b. Joseph Laurent Delatte; 2b. Leonce Joseph Delatte; 3b. Walton Francis Delatte; 4b. Linden Francis Delatte
10. Mary Frances’s children? marriage?
11. Rosalie Theodore’s children – 1b. Emily Anna Wood; 2b. Mary Ann Wood
12. Margaret’s children – 1b. Joseph W Bouche; 2b. Ada Bouche; 3b. Bernard A Bouche
13. Joseph’s children? marriage?
14. Louis’ children? marriage?
15. Bernard Hyacinthe’s children? marriage?
16. John Louis’ children – 1b. Louis Bernard Delatte; 2b. Lou Ella Delatte; 3b. Mary Josephine Delatte; 4b. Adrienne Beatrice Delatte; 5c. Angeline Sullivan Bennett Delatte; 6c. John Oscar Delatte; 7c. Lillie Louisa Delatte; 8c. Wickliffe W Delatte; 9c. Elsie Delatte; 10c. James Curtis Delatte; 11c. Forrest Delatte; 12c. Nettie Lucille Delatte; 13c. Stella Clarinda Delatte; 14c. Bertha Irene Delatte; 15c. Ethel Lorena Delatte; 16c. Robert Ellis Delatte; 17c. Alton Elmore Delatte
17. Julia Theresina’s children – 1b. James H Robertson; 2b. Emily Anne Robertson; 3b. Ester Amanda Robertson; 4b. Francis V Robertson; 5b. Raymond Robertson; 6b. Samuel Robertson; 7b. Evelyn B Robertson; 8b. Jessie Robertson; 9b. Bertha Robertson; 10b. Lucille Robertson
To get to first cousins one must go through uncles and aunts for their children:
First cousins to Thomas Ullman Thompson aka Grandpa Teddy; Perla; Bonnita Bell aka BB; Vardaman Lamar aka Shorty; Dezine Dorothula; Nanarae Elizabeth; Henry Berry; Loramae Blanchette; Robert Julius; Behrnell Theodore aka BT THOMPSON
1. Charles Edward’s children – 1a. Freddie Herbert Thompson; 2a. Mary M Thompson; 3a. Charles E Thompson Jr; 4a. Edith Lucille Thompson; 5a. Wilbur Thompson; 6a. Elmer E Thompson; 7a. Claude A Thompson; 8a. Sybil A Thompson
2. Olive A’s children – 1a. Ebinor Clyde Whittington; 10a. Enos Jewett Whittington; 11a. Altamae Whittington; 12a. Thomas Monroe Whittington
Grandpa Teddy and siblings’ first cousins on his daddy’s mother’s side would be Callender and Emanuel. After Mary Margaret Callender’s first husband, Henry P or J(echonias, died, she remarried Samuel Oscar Emanuel and bore children to that marriage.
4. Annabel Isabelle’s children – 1a. Essie Belle Cammack; 2a. Sarah Rosalie Cammack; 3a. Samuel William Cammack; 4a. Mary Alice Cammack; 5a. Katie Emma Cammack; 6a. Annie Florence Cammack
5. Sarah Jane’s children – 1a. Mary Grace Edwards
6. Samuel Eugene’s children – 1a. Lorelle Eugene Emanuel; 2a. Jennie Irene Emanuel; 3a. Sheldon Hayes Emanuel; 4a. Dwight Emanuel; 5a; Mildred Edith Emanuel; 6a. Samuel Percy Emanuel; 7a. Ruth Ivy Emanuel; 8a. Doris Evelyn Emanuel; 9a. Bennett Cammack Emanuel
7. Mary Penelope childless?
Grandpa Teddy’s first cousin through his mother’s lineage:
1. James Perry Wilson – childless? married?
2. Moses Hardin’s children – 1a. Robert Wilson; 2a. Bettie Wilson; 3a. Ellis Wilson; 4a. Lonnie Wilson; 5a. Ola Wilson; 6a. James V Wilson; 7a. Johnny Lou Wilson; 8a. Mattie M Wilson; 9a. Doris L Wilson; 10a. P C Wilson
3. Mary E (Molly E) Wilson – marriage? children?
4. John Austin children – 1a. Nellie Ray Wilson; 2a. Nick Wilson
First cousins of Daddy’s mother, Gladys Emma Van Osdell and her siblings:
1. Mary Emma’s children? marriage?
2. Johnny Roland’s children – 1a. Edna Van Osdell; 2a. Johnny Roland Van Osdell Jr; 3a. Edgar Eagan Van Osdell; 4a. Robert James Van Osdell; 5a. Sadie Van Osdell; 6a. Benjamin Smith Van Osdell; 7a. Cora Louise Van Osdell; 8a. Walter Hammond Van Osdell; 9a. Olive Mae Van Osdell; 10a. Rose Van Osdell; 11a. Anna Mae Van Osdell
3. Willie children? marriage?
4. Annie Ola children – 1a. Jennie G Penny; 2a. Annie Belle Penny; 3a. Ruth May Penny; 4a. Beatrice Valloria Penny
5. Sarah Emeline Jones’ children? marriage?
6. Charles T Jones’ children? marriage?
7. Robert Charles children – 1b. Robert C Delatte; 2b. Thelma Delatte; 3b. Richard H Delatte
8. John Alcide children – 1b. John Alcide Delatte Jr; 2b. Albert Delatte; 3b. Margie Alma Delatte; 4b. Dorothy May Delatte; 5b. Lucille Delatte; 6b. Joseph V Delatte; 7b. John Harold Armstrong Delatte
9. Mary Antoinette children? marriage?
9. Victoria Delatte children – 1b. James Rankin Hull; 2b. Shie Jeannette Hull
10. Laura Ethel children – 1b. Gracie Payne; 2b. Esther Payne
11. Alma Helena children – 1b. Beverly Payne; 2b. Juanita Payne; 3b. Lucille Payne; 4b. Henry C Payne; 5b. Grant Payne; 6b. Mary Payne; 7b. Albert Payne; 8b. Virginia Payne; 9b. Myrtle Payne
12. Wallace Eugene children? marriage?
13. Pearl Alburney children – 1b. Beverly Lea Washington; 2b. Mildred Lucille Washington; 3b. Juanita Bernice Washington
14. Evelyn Irene children – 1b. Leo Paul Langlois; 2b. Woodrow J Langlois; 3b. Jules Joseph Langlois; 4b. Lawrence Allen Langlois; 5b. Eugene Langlois; 6b. Dorothy Ann Langlois; 7b. Lorraine Langlois
15. Alfred LeRoy children – 1b. Mary Lou Delatte
16. Louis B children? marriage?
16. Lawrence children – 1b. Wallace Lionel Delatte; 2b. Shirley Fay Delatte; 3b. Alfred Leonard Delatte; 4b. Alice Delatte; 5b. Melba L Delatte; 6b. John Boyd
In trying to get back into genealogy mindset, I have been reviewing my dad and his sister’s first cousins. Those that are closest should be aware that their uncles and aunts may have been thought of as brothers and sisters. Do not know for a fact, but with evidence of knowing the past, it could be a possibility; which could have been perhaps confusing for the children of them as to “exactly how does this get sorted within the mindset of the young”? Hence, sitting here listing as it was and is in first cousin list, dead or alive.
As I have come to know the truth of the evidence of their paternal list, the understanding of “having to LEARN who they were” is known: This would be first cousins to Thurmond, Altamae, Reginald, Opal, N Kay, Sheryl and Elizabeth.
1. Perla’s children – 1a. Perla Lee Slocum; 2a. Curtis Charles Slocum; 3a. Elma Jewel Slocum – all deceased but did leave behind descendants.
2. Bonnita Bell’s children – 1a. Myrtle Gertrude Edney; 2a. Etta Mae Edney – both deceased but did leave behind descendants.
3. Vardeman Lamar child – 1a. Ruffin Lamar Thompson – deceased but did leave behind descendants.
4. Dezine Dorothula children – 1a. Dorothy E Bacon; 2a. Jimmy Lee Bacon – one is just recently deceased, but both have descendants.
5. Nanarae Elizabeth children – 1a. Kathleen Elizabeth McCarthy; C Cynthia McCarthy; Jerrine L McCarthy – one is deceased, but all have descendants.
6. Henry Berry child – 1a. Tommy Robert Thompson – deceased leaving behind descendants.
7. Loramae Blanchette child – 1a. Doyla Mae Metz – having descendants.
8. Robert Julius children – 1a. Robert Julius Thompson; 2a. Kenneth Ray Thompson; 3a. Michael Berry Thompson; 4a. Patrick Laney Thompson; 5a. William Jewel Thompson; – one of whom is deceased, but most have descendants.
9. Behrnell Theodore children – 1a. Debbie Lorraine Thompson; 2a. Behrnell Theodore Thompson Jr; 3a. Nelline Elizabeth Thompson – one of whom is deceased, but all have descendants.
First cousins to Thurmond, Altamae and Reginald on the maternal side of the family could be somewhat obscured within their mindset, but it is as it is:
1. Thomas Jumel children – 1a. Annie Elaine VanOsdell; 2a. Gladys Helen VanOsdell; 3a. Bonnie Jean VanOsdell; 4a. Glenda Kathryn VanOsdell; 5a. Devra Sue VanOsdell; – Some are deceased and had been deceased from a very short life, but most have left behind descendants.
2. Mack Ernest children – 1a. Mack Ernest VanOsdell Jr; 2a. Marian VanOsdell; 3a. Alice Fay VanOsdell; 4a. Judy VanOsdell; 5a. Ronald Ernest VanOsdell; – All share life with their descendants.
3. Wilmer James children – 1a. Steven Jumel VanOsdell; 2a. D Janan VanOsdell; – Both share life with their descendants.
4. Clyde Allen childless but none the less shared life with his brothers and sisters and nephew and niece.
5. Charles Edwin child – 1a. Charles Randall VanOsdell; sharing life with his descendants.
6. Annie Elaine children – 1a. Rita Mae Powers; 2a. Robert Paul Powers; 3a. Gloria Jean Powers; 4a. Frank Campbell; All sharing life with their descendants.
7. Etta Mae children – 1a. Reginald Mark Brannan; 2a. Benjamin W Brannan; 3a. Patrick Vaughn Brannan; – All sharing life with their descendants.
Paternal first cousins to the sisters and brother number nine alive and apparently doing well with their lives with their descendants. Maternal first cousins to the sister and brother number seventeen apparently doing well with their lives with their descendants.
Anyone aware of whatever became of some of these paternal and maternal descendants for perhaps a reunion of one or both of our parents first cousin and removed reunion?